The Electric Vehicle Council launched its third State of Electric Vehicles report in September featuring a snapshot of market data, charging infrastructure, consumer attitudes, local industry development, and government policy in Australia. Key findings include:
- Australians purchased 2,216 electric vehicles in 2018.
- By August 2019, there were 22 electric vehicle models available in Australia.
- By the end of 2020 there are expected to be 31 models available.
- There are now 1,930 public charging stations in Australia.
- Consumer awareness is increasing, 45% of consumers have researched electric vehicles and 51% would consider purchasing or were currently looking to buy an electric vehicle.Â Driving range and purchase price remain the biggest barriers.