To: All NSW AADA Members
The state of NSW has now reached 70% of the eligible population fully vaccinated. Achieving this first vaccination milestone triggers an easing of restrictions for those who are fully vaccinated and the commencement of the Reopening Roadmap, from 11 October. The 70% milestone includes the reopening of non-critical retail, with density limits.
Further details of the eased restrictions are available on the NSW Government website.
To assist businesses to reopen, the NSW State Government have provided advice for employers regarding their rights and obligations.
The advice deals with important issues such as:
- Can employers direct employees to be vaccinated.
- What businesses need to do to prepare for re-opening.
- What businesses can do to ensure only fully vaccinated staff and customers attend a business.
- Can employers ask employees and staff for proof of vaccination.
- Are there penalties for non-compliance.
The Australian Fair Work Ombudsman has also provided advice on “COVID-19 vaccinations: Workplace rights and Obligations“ which members may find helpful.