In welcome news for NSW residents and businesses, the NSW Government has delivered a Roadmap to Recovery, providing further detail on the easing of restrictions as we approach the end of the year. The recovery roadmap is largely predicated on achieving an 80% double-dose vaccination rate among the eligible population.
Of relevance to Dealers are the following key points, scheduled to come into effect on the Monday following 80% of those eligible (aged 16 and over) being fully vaccinated:
- Retail stores can operate at one person per 4 sqm indoors, providing those individuals are fully vaccinated.
- Restrictions will ease around social gatherings allowing 10 people in homes and 20 outdoors (for those fully vaccinated).
- Unrestricted travel between Greater Sydney and regional NSW is permitted.
- Masks will remain mandatory indoors but do not have to be worn outdoors, except for hospitality staff.
- Employers continue to allow fully vaccinated employees to work from home if practicable.
The NSW Government is also planning on easing restrictions further from 1 December 2021 when masks will no longer be required indoors and retail stores can operate with one person per 2 sqm and working from home will be at the employer’s discretion. Current predictions for the state are that the 70% fully vaccinated mark will be reached on 11 October 2021, and 80% by the end of October.
The NSW State Government announcement and further details can be downloaded below.