The ACT Government has announced a seven-day snap lockdown for the state, to come into effect as of 5.00pm, 12 August 2021. During the lockdown period business and community restrictions apply and Canberrans are asked to stay at home and leave for essential reasons only.
The six essential reasons you can leave your home during this lockdown are:
- to buy essential groceries and medicine
- to access essential healthcare including in-home care
- for essential work
- to exercise outdoors for one hour per day in your region
- to get a COVID-19 test
- to get a COVID-19 vaccinated.
Advice for Dealers
It is our understanding, that:
- Showrooms must be closed.
- Essential retail operations including vehicle and mechanical repair services
can continue to operate.
- Essential workers are allowed to travel to work. Essential workers include a person who is working for an essential provider or business that is permitted to operate.
The AADA is reaching out to the ACT Government to try and allow click and collect retail for new car Dealers.
Further details on the new restrictions are available on ACT Government COVID-19 website.