To: QLD Members
We have been in contact with the MTAQ who have been in discussion with the Office of the Chief Health Officer (CHO) seeking clarification on the effect of current lockdown restrictions on automotive businesses. A copy of MTAQ’s advice to its members can be accessed here.
The Office of the Chief Health Officer (CHO) has extended the lockdown for the South-East Queensland to 4pm Sunday 8 August and released updated direction on restrictions for locked down areas, including clarification of the definition of essential work.
Members in the affected South-East Queensland LGAs should note that:
- Non-essential retail, including new car Dealer showrooms are advised to close.
- Vehicle pick-up should only be performed when critical and according to COVID-safe procedures.
- Vehicle repair, service and maintenance are allowed to operate according to COVID-safe procedures.
A list of the affected Local Government Areas (LGAs) can be found below:
- City of Brisbane
- City of Gold Coast
- City of Ipswich
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay Region
- Noosa Shire Council
- Redland City
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
The full List of restrictions for locked down areas is available on the QLD Government website. The updated direction on restrictions released by the Chief Health Officer, including clarification of the definition of essential work can be found here.