To: All NSW MEMBERS
The NSW State Government have just announced further restrictions to limit the spread of the COVID 19 Delta strain in NSW. The restrictions come into effect from 11.59pm Saturday 17 July and are scheduled to be in place until 11.59pm on Friday 30 July. These restrictions apply to the areas of Greater Sydney including the Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour.
Advice for Dealers
AADA has been in contact with key figures within the New South Wales Government and our advice for Dealers is:
- Showrooms must be closed
- Retail operations can only occur via click and collect
- Workshops can continue to operate for urgent repairs and maintenance work
The new restrictions are as follows:
- Retail premises will be required to close (‘click and collect’, takeaway and home delivery can still operate), except the following can remain open:
- Supermarkets and grocery stores (including butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable stores, liquor stores and fishmongers);
- Stores that predominantly sell health, medical, maternity and infant supplies;
- Pharmacies and chemists;
- Petrol stations;
- Car hire;
- Banks and financial institutions;
- Hardware, nurseries and building supplies;
- Agricultural and rural supplies;
- Pet supplies;
- Post offices and newsagents; and
- Office supplies.
From 12.01am Monday 19 July:
- All construction work to be paused and
- Non-urgent maintenance, including cleaning services, and repair work on residential premises to be paused.
From 12.01am Wednesday 21 July:
- Employers must allow employees to work from home if the employee is able to do so, failure to do so can result in a fine of up to $10,000.
Restrictions in regional NSW remain unchanged.
There are further details available the new restrictions in the NSW Government media release.