23 March 2020 – 09:00 (ADST)
Following on from yesterday’s Dealer Bulletin, the AADA can advise that at this stage, Dealerships will NOT be restricted from opening.
Last night, the Prime Minister announced that Premiers and Chief Ministers have agreed to implement, through state and territory laws, new Stage 1 restrictions on social gatherings, to be reviewed on a monthly basis. A copy of the media release can be accessed here.
The following facilities will be restricted from opening from midday local time today:
• Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation);
• Gyms and indoor sporting venues;
• Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs;
• Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery;
• Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies).
Other facilities are not impacted, but will be considered under stage 2 restrictions, if necessary. The AADA secretariat has commenced the process of asking all State Governments to consider the Service/Repair Department and Parts Departments of Dealerships as an essential service.